Hi and welcome to my blog where you can see the research, planning and pre-production work of a new music video for Daft Punk's Around The World. You can also find on here sample footage, rough cuts, behind the scenes and other vodcasts, weekly podcasts, and ongoing reflection on the process. Please use the links list provided to quickly find what you looking for!

Friday 26 April 2013

Audience Feedback from School Teachers

This feedback comes by email from school teachers, all within our upper secondary target audience age range:


"Classic piece of music to use and one which is sure to have a resurgence in popularity after their recent success. 

It was a good video, not quite as good as the original but very good nonetheless!
I liked the attempt and nod to the daft punk helmets and the variety of sort of story line that ran through it. Odd addition to go into Sue Ryder to collect some clothes but hey, it was pretty random and made me laugh. The fast paced pictures and action kept my interest to see what was coming up next and the mix of light, snow, 'nightclub' added different sides to the video. A great video all round I thought. 

I had no idea that Will Lennard was so good on a skateboard.

Hope this helps the lads. I thought it looked pretty professional so have no real criticisms."


"I think it's really good and enjoyed it a lot. I wish I had the vocab or skills to comment on it!
I enjoyed the variety of transitions and effects and thought it was very interesting to watch and that the narrative held together but the details of the music and genre are beyond my ken.
I liked the hand beat and cuts at the beginning!
I'll watch it again though and show my group."


"I watched yesterday and showed to tutees today.  So impressed by the work and professionalism, can't even imagine the hours that have gone into it. 

My favourite part - tapping gloved hand or possibly Hitchcockian fade from wheel to wheel.
least favourite (and apparently everyone says this) - skater boy - looks clumsy and out of place with the style of the rest of the piece."


(via Mr Burrowes) "I am in awe of your students. Well done!"


"Definitely catchy! I thought this was great - well done."

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated.